Seekh Kebabs. Seekh Kebabs Recipe – About Seekh Kebabs Recipe: Any party is incomplete without some delicious appetizers to kick start with and there would be no better option than some hot, grilled or roasted seekh kebabs. Kebabs made from minced mutton and chicken meat, slathered in a bowl of spices and grilled to perfection. Full of juice and flavor, these kebabs are perfect as a starter for a dinner.
They are a terrific appetizer but also make a nice side dish to the main meal. Seekh Kebab is a popular Indian appetizer typically eaten with a side of green chutney. These flavorful bites of lamb or beef are made with freshly ground whole spices. You can cook Seekh Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seekh Kebabs
- Prepare of Spice Paste:.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, seeded and very finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 oz of fresh ginger root, peeled, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- You need 1-2 sprigs of cilantro leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 10 of peppercorns.
- You need 6 of cloves.
- You need 6 of small cardamons.
- Prepare of Kebabs:.
- It’s 1 lb of lean minced beef or lamb.
- It’s 1 of small onion, peeled and very finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, sliced.
Also, when I make kebabs (Indian or Greek) I often use half ground lamb, half ground beef – the flavor is really excellent, and the meat stays a little more moist than if using just lamb. I serve these on warm split naan breads or paratha with a drizzle of cucumber raita. Traditionally seekh kabab is the is ground meat mixed with various spices to make it delicious and tasty then thread in a skewer (known as seekh) in Urdu and Hindi. Then you can make it on bbq, grill, oven, and pan.
Seekh Kebabs step by step
- Grind the first 8 ingredients to a paste, adding a little water if necessary (I use either a mortar and pestle to grind ingredients to a paste or my Magic Bullet machine)..
- Mix the meat and onion together and stir in the spice paste, chilli powder and salt. Add enough beaten egg to make a firm consistency and mix thoroughly. Set the mixture aside for 3 minutes to allow the egg to bind it together..
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Using your hands, form each portion into a sausage shape to a length of about 4 inches. Arrange the kebabs on a grill pan or wire stand in a baking tray and cook them in a preheated 375° oven for 15-20 minutes, turning the kebabs to cook them evenly..
- Serve with lemon slices. Enjoy!.
The classical method is to prepare this kabab on bbq. My family and I are personally in love with this kebab, especially at dinner. Seekh kebab is a type of kebab, popular in South Asia, made with spiced minced or ground meat, usually lamb, beef, or chicken, formed into cylinders on skewers and grilled. It is typically cooked on a mangal or barbecue, or in a tandoor. Cooked simply on a barbeque these kebabs are great as starters or as a filling for a wrap.