Crispie Chickpea Kebab. A breezy evening with a hot cup of tea and some crispy kebabs is the perfect mood booster. Try out this Brown Chickpea Kebab recipe that you shouldn't miss out on. Prepared using kala chana, chana dal, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and an array of spices, this dish is filled with flavours that will treat your taste buds to the max.
These are really easy to make and taste incredible. I have baked these to cut down on oil and the black chickpea kebabs turned out very crispy and yummy. These make a perfect party appetizer and a high protein evening snack for kids. You can cook Crispie Chickpea Kebab using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispie Chickpea Kebab
- You need 1/2 bowl of chickpea.
- Prepare 1 of big boiled potato.
- You need 2 tb of sp gram flour.
- You need 1 tb of sp lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of Green chilli.
- You need 2 tb of sp chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 of "piece grated ginger.
- Prepare of Dry masale.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chana masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of carrom seeds.
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 2 of bread slices.
- Prepare 2 tb of sp corn flour.
- You need 2 tb of sp water.
- You need 2 tb of sp Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2 tb of sp coriander mint dip.
- You need of As required Cooking Oil for shallow fry.
Malai Chickpea Kebab Recipe is a soft and crispy coated dumplings made from a smooth chickpea paste that is flavored with fresh coriander leaves, garlic and a hint of lemon juice. These are then shallow fried using a paniyaram pan. Chickpeas, is a legume which is popular all over the world, it is consumed as a dip, or in a curry and even as a salad in a variety of Cuisines. Chickpeas are high is protein, fiber and are great recommendation for people with diabetes.
Crispie Chickpea Kebab step by step
- Soak chickpea in water for 4 hours and then pressure cook upto 5 minutes after first whistle. Switch off the flame and let pressure releases automatically. Strain excess water. Now grind it coarsely in a mixer..
- Mash chickpea with masher. Add grated boiled potatoes, chopped onion, green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves. Add all dry masale. Add Gram flour and squeeze lemon juice and mix well. Knead like a dough..
- Now take a portion of dough and roll with the help of palm and press gently with your hands and make small kebabs. Like wise make all the kebabs..
- Add corn flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt and red chilli and make a slury by adding water..
- Put bread pieces in a mixer and grind to make crumbs. Transfer it in a plate..
- Now dip kebabs in slury one by one coating slury at all sides..
- Place this kebabs on bread crumbs and coat it well all around..
- Like wise make all the kebabs and coat them first with slury then bread crumbs..
- Heat oil on a griddle. Place all kebabs on it and roast on medium flame till golden brown. Flip the side and fry from other side also..
- Serve kebabs hot with mint dip and tomato ketchup..
Chickpea also contains choline and selenium which are very essential nutrients for human body. Chickpeas Kebabs are tasty twist to healthy ingredients. Here is an easy recipe for food lovers. Ranging from Pindi chole, chole bhautra, Kala chana, chickpea salad, chickpea stuffed bell peppers, etc., there is a whole variety of chickpea recipes to feast upon. And kabab (Kebab or kabob), technically means grilled meat, but you can do a vegetarian version with lentils, or vegetables.