Lauki kofta curry. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas.
Lauki Kofta Curry is a simple recipe, with which cooking becomes not only less tedious but also healthier as the kofta are steamed rather than fried. Cook the gravy on a medium flame to avoid burning of spices and onions. Highly recommended for heart patients as it is low in sodium and fat apart from being high in potassium. You can cook Lauki kofta curry using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lauki kofta curry
- It’s 1 of gourd (lauki).
- It’s 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of gram flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of degi mirch powder.
- It’s 2 of chopped green chilli.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need as required of Oil for frying.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing.
Lauki kofta curry is a simple and hearty Indian style vegan kofta curry. The vegetarian kofta prepared with bottle gourd is dunked in a spicy curry. This kofta recipe will completely change your mind about lauki (bottle gourd) and make you fall in love with it. Serve lauki ke kofte with steamed rice, chapati, raita and salad for a wholesome.
Lauki kofta curry step by step
- Grate lauki and add gram flour, salt, kasuri methi,green chillies,red chilli powder and mix well..
- Take 1tsp of batter and fry in hot oil till golden brown..
- Heat a pan add 1tbsp oil,add cumin seeds and hing.add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste.cook till golden in colour..
- Add chopped tomatoes and all the spices except deghi mirch and cook till become mashy..
- Add degi mirch in curd and mix well. Add it in cooked tomato paste.give it a quick stir to avoid curdle..
- Add 1+1/2 glass of water and give it a boil. Add 1tsp sugar..
- Add koftas and cook till thicken..
- Add 1 Tbsp cream and ready to serve. Garnish it with little cream..
Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. For those who does not know, Lauki Kofta = deep fried balls made from bottle gourd and some spices. So, lauki kofta curry means fried bottle gourd balls in onion-tomato gravy. Lauki Kofta Curry has these koftas prepared with lauki in a larger proportion, in comparison to potato, to minimize the caloric value of the dish. Also, koftas are not deep fried, but are simmered and cooked in the gravy itself.