Paneer Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). Malai Kofta Recipe – Melt in your mouth Paneer kofta's stuffed with cashews and raisins dipped in a rich, creamy, sweet and spicy gravy. You can have Paneer Malai kofta using 36 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paneer Malai kofta
- Prepare 250 gms of Paneer.
- You need 2 of potatoes (boiled).
- You need 1 of bread crumb (fresh).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of jeera powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need For of Filling-.
- You need 2 tbsp of thick milk cream.
- You need 2 of green chillies (chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of kishmish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of almond (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves(chopped).
- You need 2 cup of for frying.
- It’s for of White paste-.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of khuswaha khuswaha.
- You need 1 tbsp of magaz seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame seed.
- You need 1 tbsp of kaju.
- You need 1 tsp of saunf.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare For of Gravy-.
- It’s 2 of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dhania powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of haldi powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Kasoori methi.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
Malai Kofta Recipe with stepwise photos. Delicious melt in the mouth paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. in this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the koftas are made with paneer and potatoes. these melt in the mouth paneer kofta are dunked in a creamy, sweet and mildly spiced curry. Paneer Kofta is a widely popular gluten-free Indian main-course dish. The vegetarian meatballs are prepared with potato and grated cottage cheese.
Paneer Malai kofta step by step
- Grind onion into fine paste. Take all the ingredients of kofta and mash well.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling in kofta. Heat oil in a Wok and add onion paste and cook for few minutes. Then add powder spices and cook for few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook covered.
- Add white paste with curd and cook covered..
- Cook till masala leaves oil..
- In kofta fill the chilled cream mixture and make smooth balls and roll on cornflour before frying into golden colour..
- Deep fry balls till golden.
- In gravy and water so that the gravy is thin and then add fried balls… Cook on slow heat.
- Take out in a bowl and garnish with cream.
- The balls are so soft that it melts in mouth.
- Put the balls in gravy 10 minutes before serving.. Enjoy with roti or rice.
Whereas, the gravy has a base of onion, tomato and cashew paste. Many malai kofta recipes suggest adding all-purpose flour as a binder in the kofta mixture. Making paneer malai kofta a four-step process: make the cottage cheese and potato balls, shallow fry them in some oil, make the curry and put it all together. Mix grated paneer, boiled and mashed potatoes, finely cut green chillies, white pepper, cardamom and salt. Shape into balls. malai kofta recipe