Almond Biscotti. My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Try Rum-Soaked Raisin Biscotti, Cherry Espresso Biscotti, Mexican Chocolate Biscotti, and Brown Sugar and Date Biscotti. Made these almond biscotti and they turned out delicious! I followed the recipe accordingly and followed Chef John's instructions per the video and couldn't be happier with the way these turned out. You can cook Almond Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Biscotti
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of spray bottle with room temperature water (optional).
The instructions were easy to follow and the breaking process matched the results of the video. I will definitely be making these throughout the. Almond biscotti are wonderfully crunchy cookies perfect for dipping in your morning coffee. While it takes time to bake, the cookies stay fresh when stored in an airtight container.
Almond Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it lightly with non stick cooking spray..
- In medium bowl beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond extract and baking powder until smooth and creamy..
- Beat in eggs at a low speed and add the flour mixing until smooth. The dough should be sticky..
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and divide it in half. Shape each half of dough into 2-9 1/2" x 2" logs about 3/4" tall. Make sure to straighten them out smoothing the tops and sides. Sprinkle with sugar and gently pat it in..
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes. Remove from oven..
- **Tip-When I take these out of the oven I like to take a spray bottle with room temperature water and spritz the sides and tops just lightly. This will soften your crust just a bit so that the biscoti slices easier.**.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°..
- Wait 5 minutes after spritzing the biscotti (if you choose to use the tip) and then cut it into 1/2-3/4" slices..
- Set the biscotti on its edge on the baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until they feel very dry and start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven. These will continue to dry out as they cool. You can either leave them on the baking sheet or transfer them onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container and these will last a couple of weeks..
- Once biscotti is cooled, you can melt some chocolate, dip and decorate with your favorite toppings!.
Biscotti are baked twice to make them extra crisp and dry—perfect for dunking into a cup of coffee. Get the recipe for Almond Biscotti. Almond Biscotti is a crunchy cookie of Italian descent loved throughout the world. It is traditionally enjoyed in the U. S. with a steaming hot cup of coffee, making this delicious treat the perfect Christmastime food gift for any caffeinated connoisseur!.