Shami Kebabs. Shami kebabs were apparently invented by a highly skilled chef for a toothless Nawab of Lucknow. The Nawab was so fat from overindulgence that he couldn't get on a horse, and his teeth were all. These Shami kebabs are full of flavour, crispy on the outside and soft, smooth and silky inside.
It is part of the Pakistani, Punjabi, Indian, and Bangladeshi cuisines. Serve with sweet chile sauce or plum chutney. Shami Kebab Recipe – About Shami Kebab Recipe You can cook Shami Kebabs using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shami Kebabs
- Prepare 1 cup of ChanaDal.
- You need 1/2 kg of boneless chicken.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 4 of round Red chillies.
- It’s Pinch of turmeric.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Cumin.
Kebab Recipe: Kebabs are known to be a famous in the Indian and surrounding regions like Pakistan and Bangladesh. Shami kebabs are succulent minced lamb patties with some Bengal gram and loads of fragrant masalas filled inside and are deep fried till crisp and golden. An integral appetizer of every dinner party menu, it is a feast to relish on. Shami Kabab, also called and written Shami Kebab is a very famous variation of Kababs in the sub continent.
Shami Kebabs instructions
- Take a pressure cooker and add all the ingredients except bread crumbs and corn flour in it and pressure cook with 1/4 the cup of water untill it gets soft..
- Once it gets cooked, don't switch off the flame and let it dry the completely. Means water get ansorbed and evaporated from chicken and mash it well..
- Now blend it in blender or mixer. Add salt to taste. Remove it to pan and make sure it gets dry and have no water..
- Now add corn flour and bread crumbs and mix well. Add 2 tbsp coriander and 1 tbsp mint leaves..
- Keep it in fridge to set for while..
- Now shape it in any ways of your choice. Heat oil in a pan and pan fry until it gets cooked both side..
- Serve hot with dipping sauce and garnish with lemon wedges, charred tomatoes and coriander..
Although, origin of Shami Kababs is Afghanistan, it has been adopted as a regular food in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Kababs are cooked with slight difference in different Asian Cuisines in terms of spices, ingredients and cooking style. Shami kebab are tender patties made with beef and chana dal (yellow split peas), and then dipped in eggs and pan-fried. These kebabs are kid-friendly, naturally gluten-free, and so wholesome! This easy recipe makes a large batch to enjoy some now, and freeze the rest for later!