AMIEs Special MINT Chocolate Cake. Special chocolate cake with Andes mints is the perfect cake for those who love the amazing flavor of mint! And it is perfect for those who do not, because it is not too much mint. It seems that when I make mint frosting, my kids always tell me that it tastes like toothpaste.
I've been on an Ohio Diary Adventure, to San Francisco with some of my favorite bloggers and I just got back from a blogging conference yesterday afternoon. It's been busy and hard to keep up with everything, but it's also be been great to spend time. The cake is made with rich cocoa powder and hot coffee, which really brings out the chocolate flavor, while the frosting is a classic buttercream with peppermint extract and green food coloring. You can cook AMIEs Special MINT Chocolate Cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Special MINT Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 150 cup of softened butter or 1 cup vegetable oil.
- You need 150 grams of sifted sugar.
- Prepare 250 of baking flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 175 ml of fresh milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mint syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
I got to see my great-grandma a few weeks ago. I have sent her yummy treats over the past few months, and she has loved all of it. She was excited when I brought her this new chocolate mint layer cake recipe to try. I'll have to say-it was incredible!
AMIEs Special MINT Chocolate Cake instructions
- Heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease and base line a 20cm round cake tin. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs beating until fully blended into the mixture. Stir in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternately with the milk and mint syrup..
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until done. Place on a wire rack to cool..
- Cover with chocolate glaze or you can cover with my chocolate frosting. To make the chocolate glaze, beat 1/4 heavy cream until frothy. Add the melted 4oz melted dark chocolate. Spread over the top of the cold cake. Decorate the cake. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345812-amies-chocolate-frosting.
- I used my sugar mint leaves for decoration and topped each leaves with my minted strawberries..
Make ganache: In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer until tiny bubbles. We have the best chocolate cake recipes for you to bake at home. Whether you're after a moist chocolate sponge cake recipe or a rich chocolate fudge cake, we've got both classic cakes and showstopping bakes to make for special occasions (take a look at our favourite chocolate birthday cake ideas). Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. The consistency is dense and cakey.