Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can cook Malai kofta using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- It’s 2 of boiled potatoes.
- You need 200 gm of paneer.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 10-15 of cashews.
- It’s 8-10 of raisins.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 2 of cadamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of kitchen king masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of red kashmiri powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of malai / cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of Oil for frying.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta step by step
- First in a big bowl mix grated boiled potatoes and grated paneer. Add salt, black pepper powder, cardamom powder and cornflour in it and mix well. It should be like a dough. Now make small ball of it and put cashew and raisin in it. Now flat it and give shape as you like. Heat oil in a wok and fry the koftas..
- For the gravy heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes and cashews in it. Fry for 3- 4 min and keep aside. Once it is cooled, grind it to make a smooth gravy..
- Now heat a pan and add butter to it. Now add grinded paste to it and cook 5 min. Add all spices and cook for 2 min. Now add cream / malai to the gravy. Now gravy is ready. Put koftas in the gravy just before servings as koftas are very soft..
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.