Masoor kebab. Masoor Dal Kebabs Recipe, you can always try experimenting with your ingredients to create a delicious and yet a healthy recipe. Masoor dal kebabs is made by using potato as a binder and is mixed along with basic Indian spices. These are the best for any party appetizer or just can be simply made for your everyday lunch.
Serve it as an appetizer for your party or as an after-school snack with your favorite dip or sauce. Masoor dal is commonly known as Brown lentils in the USA. Masoor dal is brown from outside and the grain is red from inside. You can cook Masoor kebab using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Masoor kebab
- It’s 1 cup of masoor dal.
- It’s 2 of boiled potatoes.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green chilli.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chaat masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil for cooking.
There are a variety of masoor dal, like green masoor also called as Le lentile vert, black golden, whole grain and split red masoor etc. The word kebab has come from Mughal period in India. Whole Masoor kebab isvan indian delicacy you can serve as a starter or side dish. Masoor is a good source of protein.
Masoor kebab instructions
- Clean wash and soak masoor daal for 2 hours in 2 cups of water, boil masoor daal with1 tsp salt until they get tender,let boiled masoor cool down then mashed the lentils thoroughly. Peel and mashed the potatoes..
- Heat a pan,add 2 tsp oil add chopped onion, green chilli fry for a couple of minutes,add grated ginger,saute for a few seconds, add mashed masoor daal, mashed potatoes, half tsp salt,red chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala,mix well, cook for couple of minutes so the extra moisture evaporates..
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well,taste mixture and adjust the seasoning. Turn off the heat. Allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Now make oval/round shape kebab, heat a griddle, sprinkle a little oil,cook the kebab from both the sides till the kebabs are golden brown..
- Serve this healthy masoor daal kebab with green chutney..
It is prepared in kebabb form which will give new zing to the dish. Grind it with Garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, Garam masala, red chili powder, almond flour, cumin powder & salt Add carrot, grated cabbage and onion and mix well. apply oil to your hand. Take small lemon size balls and make a kebab. Mix dal,paneer,ginger,garlic,onion and spices as mentioned above. Saboot Masoor Oats Veggie Kebab is a healthy and yummy dish.