Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds. Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds They have a great flavor, it's a lenten recipe, healthy and more importantly, very easy to make. See great recipes for Cretan dakos, Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds too! Cretan almond biscotti (Kalorizika) – Vegan.
Very easy to make, quick and extra delicious!!! Not only are you getting a homemade biscotti cookie that will satisfy your sweet tooth, you're also getting health benefits from whole eggs, real butter and toasted almonds! Biscotti are nothing but doubled baked biscuits. You can have Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds
- You need 500 g of self rising flour.
- You need 230 ml of virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 115 ml of fresh orange juice.
- You need 20 ml of cretan raki.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- You need 1 of large tbsp honey.
- Prepare 100 g of raw almonds, coarsely ground.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cloves.
- Prepare 3 of grains of mastic ground with a little bit of the sugar.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI (VEGAN) These Italian crunchy and vegan chocolate almond biscotti are delicious, flavorsome, perfect for dunking in your coffee and great to give as a Christmas homemade present. Gluten-Free Biscotti with Hazelnuts (or Almonds) and Chocolate! Hazelnuts add an earthy bite to this gluten-free biscotti recipe, but you can use almonds for a more traditional cookie. Or go crazy and try these with pistachios, pumpkin seeds, pecans, or any nut you like!
Flavorsome Cretan biscotti with almonds step by step
- Beat all the liquids with the sugar and honey for a little time with a mixer until the sugar and the honey melt..
- Gradually add the flour and the spices and knead by hand until you get a soft dough that does not stick to your hands..
- Add the almonds and incorporate well..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and shape the dough into small loaves..
- Score them carefully with a knife, about 1,5 cm thick.
- And put them in a preheated oven at 180oC for about 25 minutes..
- As soon as they cool off a bit, cut the slices through and arrange them in the tray..
- Bake using the convection element at 180oC until golden brown..
Roughly chop half of the almonds. In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, and eggs. Whisk for a couple of minutes until the compound turns lighter in color. Add flour, baking powder, orange zest and salt. Mix everything together until well combined.