Baked Turkish Andana Kebab. Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat, and brush the grates or pan lightly with oil. Kebabs of all kinds are common in Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisines. This particular version is named after the city of Adana in Turkey, where it is said to have originated, and is traditionally made of minced lamb mounted on a skewer and grilled over charcoal.
It is called as 'Adana Kebab' because its originally found in Adana city of Turkey. Adana kebab (or Adana kebabı) is a spicy minced meat kebab from the south of Turkey that is traditionally made from hand-chopped meat and tail fat from a male lamb. This kebab may look like just minced meat on a skewer. You can have Baked Turkish Andana Kebab using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Turkish Andana Kebab
- Prepare 500 gms of chicken mince.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt or as your taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of sumac powder optional.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 1 of small size green or red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Prepare 4 of green chilli.
- You need 1 cup of coriander and mint.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dhania powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of coal.
The special ingredient which separates this kebab from other standard minced meat skewers is tail fat, and it is not possible to source in every part of the. Directions: In a chopper add mince, onion, red chili, green chili, coriander, mint and chop it. Spicy lamb mince cooked on flat skewer. Kebabs will be done when they feel spongy.
Baked Turkish Andana Kebab step by step
- Sb sey phley ap ney qeemey ko achi trhan wash kar ke khush krna hai phr is mey taman spices add krni hai..yaani ginger garlic paste, salt, black pepper, paprika, coriander powder, sumac and yoghurt.
- Blender mey ye qeema leyna hai phr is mey spices ke baad bareek pyaz kati hoe, green chilli kati hoe dhania podina and small cubes mey kati hoe shimla mirch add krni hai.
- Phr blender mey sbko blend kar lain.
- Phr Coiley ko aag mey red kar ke is qeemey ke uper kisi bowl mey rakh dain or few drops oil ke daalain or phr dhak dain…
- Ap ney ab is ko stick ki madad sey kabab shape mey sari kabab ready krni preheat oven mey 20 minutes bake karain…mazedar Turkish kabab ready hain.
When done place kebab inside of pita. top with yogurt sauce and sliced red onion mixture. This can also be served with a side of Turkish Pilaf. Knead by hand or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until mixture turns tacky and starts sticking to the side of the bowl. I ate a lot of good things when I was in Istanbul last winter—eggs scrambled with tomatoes and chilies, flatbreads topped with cheese and eggs, teeny tiny dumplings served with yogurt and sumac—but kebabs, made with juicy lamb meat molded around flat metal skewers and grilled over live coals were the kind of thing that even at their worst, were still pretty freaking awesome. Adana kebab (ah-DAH'-nah keh-BOB'-uh) is the signature dish named after one of Turkey's most famous kebab cities, Adana.