Vegetarian Cabbage Kofta. Cabbage Kofta, Patta Gobhi Kofta Cabbage Koftas are fried dumplings in a variety of spicy gravies. The dumplings can be made using a variety of vegetables and some popular ones are cabbage, laucki (bottle guard), zucchini, or a potato-paneer mix. Cabbage kofta can be served with rotis, parathas or naan.
The word "kofta" usually refers to a ball of minced meat. In Malaysia, both meat and vegetarian koftas can be found in Indian restaurants. Besides deep frying, koftas can also be baked. You can have Vegetarian Cabbage Kofta using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Cabbage Kofta
- You need of Ingredients A:.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of gram flour.
- You need 400 grams of white cabbage.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of ginger.
- It’s 0.5 of chilli peppers (fresh).
- You need 0.5 of coriander.
- You need 0.5 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 0.25 teaspoons of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Ingredients B:.
- Prepare 4 of tomato(es).
- You need 0.5 of chilli peppers (fresh).
- It’s 1 of garlic clove(s).
- Prepare 0.5 centimetres of ginger.
- It’s 0.25 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of coriander powder.
- You need 1.5 tablespoons of gram flour.
- It’s 0.5 teaspoons of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoons of chilli powder <- (substitute with curry powder).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoons of garam masala.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of water.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
Cabbage Kofta Recipe, How to make Cabbage Kofta Support OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Koftas are basically fried dumplings which can be made with many vegetables. These vegetarian meatballs are very popular in India and are often a part of the wedding menu.
Vegetarian Cabbage Kofta instructions
- Mix Chopped Cabbage and Spices: Rinse cabbage to get rid of dirt, Then, chop or blend cabbage into small chunks. Aside from gram flour, mince all the ingredients and spices in (A) to add to the cabbage and mix well. Once evenly mixed, add gram flour..
- Allow Ingredients To Bind: Lightly squeeze the ingredients while mixing. This is to release some moisture from the cabbage. The water and gram flour will act as binding agents..
- Fry Cabbage Balls: Shape 1.5 tablespoons of the cabbage mixture into a ball. Continue shaping with the rest of mixture. Fry the cabbage balls in a pan of heated oil over medium heat until evenly browned. Set aside..
- Prepare Tomato Gravy: Blend tomatoes, chillies and ginger until smooth. In a preheated pan, add a tablespoon of oil. Sauté the rest of the ingredients (except gram flour) until fragrant. Then, add the blended ingredients and water into the pan. Cook over medium heat until gravy thickens..
- Let Gravy Thickens and Serve: Once the gravy thickens to the desired consistency, add salt and sugar to taste. Turn off the stove. Mix the fried cabbage balls into the gravy. Garnish with fresh coriander..
Indian koftas are influenced more by the middle-Eastern koftas. If you haven't tried Indian vegetarian koftas yet, you are missing out […] Veg Kofta Curry is an exotic Indian gravy dish made from mix vegetable dumplings dunked in a onion-tomato based gravy. Koftas are small round or oval shaped dumplings made from minced vegetables, paneer etc. along with mild spices that are deep fried. These Kofta balls have a crispy outer layer and are soft from the inside. The vegetable balls from IKEA® make for a great and ridiculously easy vegetarian kofta curry.