Yogurt Kofta Curry. Kofta curry — a saucy dish of gently spiced meatballs — is often made with meat But this one, based on my grandfather's, swaps in a mash of beans Bound with bread crumbs and seasoned with ginger, garlic, green chile and herbs, it's a variation full of flavor and texture Remember, curry curdles when there is sudden change of temperature like suddenly too hot or too cold mixed together. Make a paste of two big onions. Slice one big onion and fry until it is reddish brown.
Place a broad, heavy-bottomed dutch oven on medium heat on the cooktop and add the cooking oil and the whole. Inspired by an Emma Knowles recipe in a recent edition of Australian Gourmet Traveller. I'm always a little nervous about yoghurt splitting in cooked dishes but in this case the results were just so tasty! You can cook Yogurt Kofta Curry using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yogurt Kofta Curry
- You need of Koftas.
- Prepare 150 ml of Natural Yogurt.
- Prepare 75 grams of Flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- It’s 6 of Green Chillies, Finely Chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- It’s of Salt to Taste (~1/2 tsp).
- Prepare of Paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1 of Onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- It’s 2 of Green Chllies.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare of Other.
- It’s 1 can of (250 g) Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 250 ml of (1 Cup) Water.
- It’s 50 grams of (3.5 Tbsp) Butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s of Salt to Taste (~1 tsp).
- You need 2 tbsp of Half and Half.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s of Oil for Deep Frying.
And I loved the tangy flavour and chunky texture of the curry sauce. Place all the ingredients for the Meatless kofta in a mixing bowl. Let it rest as you prepare the curry. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
Yogurt Kofta Curry instructions
- Mix all the ingredients for the koftas to make a thick batter..
- Heat the oil for deep frying. Drop spoonfuls of the kofta mixture into the hot oil, then fry until golden brown. Drain carefully on absorbent kitchen paper..
- Grind all the paste ingredients to make the paste..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the baste and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking to the pan..
- Stir in the tomato sauce, milk, salt and water. Bring to the boil and boil stadily for 10 minutes..
- Stir the half and half into the sauce and add the sufar. Add the koftas just before serving..
Add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown. Kofta curry is a delicious dish of succulent grilled or broiled beef meatballs in a rich, creamy and spicy sauce. It is full of fragrant Indian spices and makes a great weeknight dinner. This easy low carb meatball curry recipe is also freezer friendly. Great tips for lightening up the sauce included.