Almond Cherry Biscotti. Stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients a little at a time to form a smooth dough. Gently fold cherries and almonds into dough. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture until blended. An easy recipe for Cherry Almond Biscotti. Sweet maraschino cherries and crunchy almonds liven up this classic Italian cookie. You can cook Almond Cherry Biscotti using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Cherry Biscotti
- Prepare 8 tbsp of good unsalted butter (less moisture) room temperature.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried cherries.
- You need 1/3 cup of whole almonds, slightly ground with mortar & pestle.
- You need 1 of optional: some room temperature water.
Biscotti means "twice baked" in Italian, and you'll follow suit for lots of extra crunch! The Identity of Cherry Almond Biscotti. Classic biscotti is a well-known coffee house cookie. Their crunchy texture makes them perfect for dipping.
Almond Cherry Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Beat the butter with the sugars until smooth..
- Add the salt & baking powder as you mix.
- Add the vanilla & almond extracts..
- Beat in the eggs until smooth and gradually add the ap & almond flour till completely incorporated. The dough will be very sticky..
- With a rubber spatula mix in the almonds & cherries..
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet & divide it into 2 evenly. Form it to about 2"x10"x3/4" logs. Use a brush slightly dampened to smooth it along the top & sides. Square it off as best you can..
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- I use the water at this point when I remove it from the oven to soften the crust to ease the slicing. If you choose to do this just brush it down lightly with water & wait 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 315°.
- Cut to about 3/4" slices & set them onto baking sheet on a cut edge. Return them to the oven..
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until they turn a golden color. Pull them out and let cool on a rack..
- Make yourself a coffee / cappuccino & image sitting in a cafe in Venice dipping these little goodies. ;).
They are sweetly flavored and often times speckled with nuts or dried fruit. The variations between recipes produce different levels of sweetness and crunch. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine egg, egg whites, almond extract, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring until well blended. This Cherry Almond Biscotti recipe is a variation of my go-to cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe – swapping in dried cherries for the dried cranberries and chopped almonds for the pistachios.