Paneer kofta curry. You may or may not need water. If the mixture looks dry then add otherwise skip. paneer kofta recipe stuffed paneer kofta masala with detailed photo and video recipe. basically a rich, creamy and spicy curry masala recipe served with stuffed paneer balls. it is often referred as vegetarian version of meat balls which hails from the popular punjabi cuisine and may also be referred as malai kofta recipe. it is generally prepared on special occasions.
The Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious preparation paneer (homemade cottage cheese) that is simmered in a spiced tomato gravy. Kofta's are traditionally deep fried vegetable or cheese balls that are dipped in a spicy curry. This recipe of kofta is healthy as the kofta's are not deep fried but instead made in a kuzhi paniyaram pan. You can cook Paneer kofta curry using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paneer kofta curry
- It’s 200 gram of paneer.
- You need 3 of brown bread slices.
- You need 3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- You need 8 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of chickpea flour.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare As needed of cashews.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kasturi methi.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 cup of curd.
- You need as needed of oil for deep frying.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Method – How to make Shaam Savera Kofta Curry. Making the kofta from spinach and paneer. Blanch the spinach and give a churn in mixer for few seconds to mix the leaves, but not make paste. Create paneer balls and then wrap paneer balls inside churned spinach to give shape of kofta balls and deep fry these spinach balls.
Paneer kofta curry step by step
- Firstly, we have to make the koftas. For that take a bowl add 200 grams of grated paneer and crushed pieces of brown bread slices..
- Next we have to make green chutney. For that we need to grind green chillies ginger garlic and coriander adding very less or no water. Now take a kadai, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mustard seeds to the hot oil. After a minute add this paste and stir well until you get a fine aroma. You can avoid adding mustard seeds and simply fry this paste.
- Now add this green chutney paste to the bowl above and mix it well. Add no water. Now make koftas (balls) out of this dough. I forgot to take a picture here 😁.
- Next step here is to make the chickpea flour batter. Take a bowl and 4 tablespoons of chickpea flour, half teaspoon of red chilli powder and half teaspoon of coriander seeds powder. Add salt to taste. Add water and mix well until you get a thick consistency to the batter.
- Now add the koftas to this batter. Coat them well and deep fry them in a kadai. The trick here to get perfect golden brown koftas is to get a deep utensil, the oil need to be at boiling temperature and you can deep fry them at a very low flame..
- Our perfect koftas are ready now let's get to the curry. ☺️ you can skip this step of coating koftas with chickpea flour and instead go ahead and deep fry them. Im going try this next time..
- Now take a pan and add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat well. Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds. Then add onion and one teaspoon of sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds and mix well until the the onion turns golden brown. Later add cashews and mix well. I forgot to add them 😁 but cashews give a rich consistency to the gravy..
- Now add chopped tomatoes. Simultaneously add half teaspoon of turmeric powder 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder and one teaspoon of coriander seeds powder. Salt to taste. Mix well until the tomatoes are cooked. Add a cup of water and let it cook for couple of more minutes. All this mixture and grinder it into a fine paste..
- Now again take a pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil. Add Bay leaves, cinnamon stick (I didn't have this either). Pour this above paste in the pan. Add one tablespoon of garam Masala and mix well. Let it boil on a very slow flame..
- Next is to add one cup of curd. Mix well. Followed by adding the koftas. Sprinkle some kasuri methi on top of it. mix well and allow it to cook for next 7-10 minutes on a very slow flame..
- Paneer kofta curry is ready and you can serve it with hot naan and jeera rice 😍.
Take grated paneer in a mixing bowl, to that add grated boiled potato, green chillies, red chilli powder, grated ginger, coriander powder, salt, coriander leaves, corn flour and mix it really well. Cauliflower Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious mouthwatering kofta curries where cauliflower and paneer koftas are simmered in a creamy tangy tomato gravy to create a party in your mouth. Serve cauliflower paneer kofta curry with phulkas, parathas or even pulao for your next weeknight dinner. Paneer Kofta Recipe – About Paneer Kofta Recipe: A north Indian delicacy, this paneer recipe is not just any regular version of Paneer Kofta, but is stuffed with aromatic goodness of raisins and khoya along with various spices, deep fried and simmering hot in a creamy gravy. Prepare for a dinner party, special occasions or a usual family lunch, this quick and easy recipe can be cooked within.