Kofta Egyptian Style. The word kofta (or kefta) has its origins in Persia. Although you can make meat, seafood or vegetarian kofta, the most popular in Egypt is a mixture of ground beef and lamb combined with onions, garlic, parsley and a ' BAHARAT. You can have meat kofta, seafood kofta or even a vegetarian kofta.
Composing it reminded me a bit of meatballs or meatloaf, but flavor-wise it blew those other slackers out of the park. I thought it seemed like a bit much! My grandfather is Egyptian and taught me how to make kofta. You can have Kofta Egyptian Style using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kofta Egyptian Style
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Minced Meat.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped and Diced Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt (to taste).
- You need 1 of Hot chilli powder (to taste).
I looked up this recipe to try something a little different. Thanks for ruining my authentic Egyptian dinner. Kofta is a popular dish made from grilled ground beef that is served throughout the Middle-East. This is a wonderful and simple version I picked up in Egypt.
Kofta Egyptian Style instructions
- Mix all ingrediants in a Bowl.
- Roll into clyndrical shapes finger like shapes.
- Then leave in Fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Then Grill it for about 20 minutes until cooked and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Or for an amazing taste you can grill it over coal.
A great accompaniment is saffron rice. Kofta is a Middle Eastern recipe of any sort of ground meat. Kofta kebab is generally ground beef with bulghur formed onto skewers and grilled. This is how I make soft oven baked (or grilled) kofta, the juiciest you'll ever have. Grilled ground beef is spiced up and flavored to get more exotic and interesting than your same old meatballs.