Chapli kebab. Chapli kebab is a form of kebabs widely popular in Pakistan. Mixed together with a South Asian blend of spices, the beef is flattened into circles and shallow-fried. The patty must have a charred exterior for an authentic look and flavor!
It originates from Peshawar, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, and is also known in KPK as the Pekhawri Chapli Kabab or Peshawari Chapli Kabab. The Pekhawri Chapli Kabab is made with beef and is a popular. These spicy Indian Chapli Kebabs will leave you wanting more! You can cook Chapli kebab using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chapli kebab
- You need 200 gram of minced meat.
- You need 50 gram of Fat.
- You need 1 of finely diced small onion.
- You need 1-2 of green chilli finely cut.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chicken powder.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of Coriander seeds crushed.
- It’s 25 gram (75 ml) of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
They're super delicious doesn't require any ingredients that are difficult to find! We both absolutely love Indian/Pakistani cuisine, and these kebabs are definitely one of our favorites! Chapli Kabab is a Pakhtun styled Pakistani minced kebab, originated from Peshawar. It is made from minced mutton or beef with added spices and shaped into a form of round patty.
Chapli kebab step by step
- Mix all the ingredients with hand really well for about 5 mins to form a sticky texture that wont break apart.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour.
- Take a handful ball of the meat and flatten with the hand as thin as possible.
- Add a bit of oil to the pan and keep on medium-high heat.
- Fry the meats for about 5 mins both sides till slightly burnt but not too much since that burnt effect adds flavour and taste.
The dish basically originated from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and is also commonly known as Peshawari Kabab. It is a well known BBQ or street food throughout eaten all across the country, specially in KPK and other parts. Chapli Kabab is a popular minced meat Kabab that's cooked in Pashtun style and resembles a disc shaped patty. It's cooked with either beef, lamb or chicken keema that's flavored with few oriental spices. Chapli Kabab originates in Peshawar, which is at present north-west Pakistan.