Malai Kofta Curry. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai = Heavy cream Kofta = meatballs. Traditionally kofta curry is made from meat. But here I am sharing vegetarian malai kofta curry. You can have Malai Kofta Curry using 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malai Kofta Curry
- Prepare of For kofta -.
- You need 1 cup of paneer (mashed).
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled potato.
- You need 1 of green chilli finely chopped.
- You need of few coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare of salt as per taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need of few cashews and raisins.
- You need of oil for frying.
- It’s of For gravy -.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of green cardamom.
- It’s 2-3 of cloves.
- You need 3-4 of black pepper corn.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion.
- It’s 7-8 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 5-7 of cashews.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh malai / cream.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s of some fresh coriander.
So, here koftas are made from grated paneer (cottage cheese), potatoes, nuts, and dried fruits. They are deep fried into the oil. These koftas are dipped into the heavy cream. malai kofta recipe creamy kofta balls curry with detailed photo and video recipe. an extremely popular and tasty north indian creamy curry recipe made with aloo and paneer balls in onion and tomato sauce. it is one of the creamiest curry recipe from the north indian cuisine bucket and loaded with malai or cooking cream. you may either serve this recipe with choice of.
Malai Kofta Curry step by step
- First in a mixing bowl add grated / mashed paneer, boiled mashed potatoes, fresh coriander, green chilli, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix everything to combine well. (add tbsp corn flour or maida if required, I didn't add)..
- Now take a small portion from mixture, roll it and flatten it on palm, place cashew or raisins in it and roll gently to make small ball.make all kofta balls similarly..
- Now roll each ball with little corn flour and deep fry in medium hot oil until nice golden..
- Now heat a pan with tbsp of oil, add all whole spices and saute for few secs. now add roughly chopped onion, tomatoes, green chilli, ginger garlic and cashews. cook until tomatoes gets softens.add little water if required. let the mixture cool completely and then blend to make puree..
- Now in a pan heat oil + butter,add blended puree and cook until oil separates.now add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.saute for a min.add kasuri methi, and mix..
- Now add fresh malai or cream and stir continuously until oil comes on surface.add as required water to get desired consistency of curry, cover it and cook until the mixture starts to thicken and oil separates from sides..
- Finally, in a serving plate pour the curry over kofta, garnish with coriander and cream, malai kofta is ready to enjoy..
Malai Kofta Curry, the mouth-melting koftas are made of fresh coconut and potatoes rather than the more common paneer-based koftas, and the gravy too is a class apart as it is neither bland nor too spicy, combining cream and tomato in a well-balanced proportion. Malai Kofta is a very popular North Indian dish & undoubtedly tops the list of foods ordered at Indian restaurants. Malai stands for cream and Kofta is a fried dumpling of mashed potatoes, paneer (Indian cottage cheese) or other vegetables. Malai Kofta traces it origin to the Mughlai cuisine, where the dumplings were generally made of some kind of meat. For more recipes related to Malai Kofta Curry checkout Paneer Butter Masala, Paneer Manchurian, Shahi Paneer, Shahi Paneer.