Pointed Gourd with Mutton Kofta Gravy. However, in North India, especially Bihar, it is turned into an exotic stuffed sweet in sugar syrup. So this was my first try at making and I simply loved it. See great recipes for Peanut pointed gourd veggie too!
Gravy Mutton. mutton, onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, oil, cumin seeds, salt, red chilli powder. Kofta Curry recipe (Mutton meat balls recipe) by House of Cooking(HOC). Yummy n tasty easy kofta curry recipe try it.like n share it wid friends and family . You can cook Pointed Gourd with Mutton Kofta Gravy using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pointed Gourd with Mutton Kofta Gravy
- Prepare 8 of Pointed Gourd/Parwal.
- You need 1/2 kg of minced Mutton.
- It’s 1 of chopped Onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Garlic Ginger paste.
- You need 3 of Green Chillies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Onion paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Mutton Kofta is a traditional Mughlai recipe, which is cooked using minced mutton, yoghurt, gram flour and a melange of spices. This is a lip-smacking main dish recipe that you can prepare on special occasions and festivals Koftas generally mean meatballs dunked in curry but in India, there are many versions of the dish made with paneer, bottle gourd and even mixed vegetables. Malai Kofta is usually made with mashing the paneer and boiled potatoes together and creating medium-sized kofta balls out of that. Mutton Kofta Recipe – About Mutton Kofta Recipe
Pointed Gourd with Mutton Kofta Gravy step by step
- Peel off, cut from middle and fry pointed gourds in a pan..
- In a big bowl, take mutton mince and add 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt..
- Heat oil in pan and fry chopped onions till brown..
- Add cumin seeds in remaining oil and splatter..
- Add fried onions and splattered cumin seeds in mutton mince mixture..
- Mix well and make medium size balls from this mixture..
- For gravy, heat oil in pan and put fenugreek seeds..
- Add onion paste and garlic paste..
- Add 1 tsp turmeric and red chilli powder..
- Cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes..
- Add 1 cup water, then drop meat balls one by one, cover and cook for 20 minutes..
- Then add fried parwal/pointed gourd in gravy and cook on medium flame till parwal will done..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve..
Mutton Curry Recipe: A traditional Mughalai recipe, mutton kofta is a delicious blend of Kofta balls made from minced meat, egg, channa powder and coriander leaves, cooked in a sea of yogurt and a myriad of spices. A mutton curry recipe that is perfect for a dinner party menu and will leave your guests wanting for more. See great recipes for White sauce pasta, Paneer peas gravy too! Lauki ki sabzi or bottle gourd curry is a common dish prepared in almost all Indian households. Even though bottle gourd provides a number of health benefits and is advised to have regularly, not many like its taste, especially kids.