Homemade Chocolate Cake. Add the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar; mix well (batter will be thin). Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. I bake alot and this is the BEST chocolate cake recipe i have ever tried!
There are plenty of claims for the best chocolate cake recipe. But with one bite of this decadent, moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, every single person around the table commented that this was the best chocolate cake they'd ever tasted. This is the best homemade chocolate cake recipe. You can cook Homemade Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of sugar ( use 2/3 of a cup of sugar if cocoa is sweetened).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of Chocolate Frosting.
This is an easy chocolate cake recipe from scratch to make and the homemade frosting and cake combo is the best it gets. The classic chocolate cake doesn't need improving on because it is soooo good! Don't wait to indulge in a slice of moist, rich chocolate cake — a classic treat that calls to mind Mom's best baking. Try one of these, our most popular chocolate cakes, today.
Homemade Chocolate Cake instructions
- This recipe only makes 1 layer of cake. If you want more layers, make this recipe twice if you want two layers or three times if you want three layers..
- Preheat oven at 375°F Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl mix vanilla extract, vinegar, vegetable oil and water..
- Slowly add the wet ingredient mix to the dry one and mix until there are no clumps in the batter..
- Pour batter into a 9-inch greased round baking pan..
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes..
- After cake is baked, wait until it cools down completely. Add frosting when cooled and decorate if you wish. Enjoy!.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Chocolate Cake Frosting Creamy White Frosting. For the chocolate cake in the photos, I used this fluffy chocolate frosting recipe. Feel free to use your favorite vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, homemade or store-bought. Or change up the flavor by topping the cake with cream cheese frosting, peanut butter frosting, whipped cream, ice cream, sliced strawberries, or coconut frosting.