Dahi Kebab. Dahi kabab recipe – A restaurant style snack. Dahi kababs are also known as dahi ke kabab. They are quite a common kind of vegetarian kebabs eaten in Northern India.
They are loved by many for their soft mouth melting interior texture while they are crisp from. The dahi kabab recipe I am sharing is the traditional method, which uses besan aka gram flour as the binding agent. It does not use ingredients like paneer or breadcrumbs. You can cook Dahi Kebab using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dahi Kebab
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 6-7 pieces of roasted Kaju.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of medium onion fried.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hung curd(curd tied in muslin cloth and hanged 7-8 hour).
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted Fennel seeds, crushed.
- Prepare pinch of hing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted jira powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need as needed of few coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare of For Dahi Kebab.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of hung curd.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bread crumb.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg grated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of roasted gram flour/ besan.
- Prepare of For Coating.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bread crumb.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of crushed poha.
- You need as required of ghee for frying.
Actually this is how I make dahi kabab and have been making them for some years now. Breadcrumbs and paneer are not used traditionally while making dahi ke kebab. Dahi Ke Kebab Recipe – About Dahi Ke Kebab Recipe: Dahi kebabs or Dahi ke kebab are a popular vegetarian snack option to prepare on special occasions or festivals. Made with spiced yogurt mixed with besan. paneer and a host of spices, these simply melt in your mouth.
Dahi Kebab step by step
- For Filling :- Roast 6-7 cashew nuts/ kaju in ghee and chop them or crush them. Now Take 1-2 onion sliced and shallow fry them in ghee. We need the brown shade of fried onions. so turn off the gas when onions are 2 shades lighter. it will turn brown in it's own heat. now chop these fired onions. Take 1 medium onion and chop it..
- Take a bowl and mix fired onion, crushed kaju, chopped onion, salt, red chilli powder, 2 tbsp hung curd,chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, roasted jira powder, roasted and crushed fennel seeds(sauf), pinch of hing. Now mix the.with your hands. Keep the filling aside..
- For Dahi Kebab :- Take 2 cups of hung curd in a bowl. Add salt to taste. do not add much salt as we have salt in the filling.add black pepper powder, bread crumbs, besan and grated nutmeg(jaiphal). mix it with your hands and the texture wil be like a dough. You can add few chopped coriander leaves also..
- Now take a small amount of kebab dough and make it into a katori. Add the filling into the katori and close it to make it a ball. Now for coating, mix bread crumbs,crushed poha in a plate and roll the ball into it to coat it. do.it with other balls and keep them.in fridge for 10 minutes. Now you can either flatten this ball and shallow fry the kebab. Or you can keep it as a ball only and deep fry it. Also, you can either mix the filling and kebab and make it into a ball and fry it..
- Here I Have flattened the ball and shallow frying it in ghee. Keep the gas on medium heat and cook it on both sides until golden brown. Serve it with green chutney or ketchup..
Mostly made in North Indian homes, this kebab recipe is a popular option in many restaurant menus as well. Dahi Kebab is a very unusual Indian appetizer, starter or snack recipe. These kebabs are made using hung curd, which is basically the strained thick yogurt, or strained Greek yogurt. Making them is effortless and quick. The Dahi Ke Kebab is a classic Mughlai appetizer that can make you a star in your parties.