Chicken Seekh Kebab. Chicken Seekh Kebabs Recipe, Learn how to make Chicken Seekh Kebabs (absolutely delicious recipe of Chicken Seekh Kebabs ingredients and cooking method) Succulent kebabs made from tender meat, masalas and seasoning, put on a skewer and grilled golden. This Chicken Seekh Kebabs recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Chicken Seekh Kabab or chicken keema kabab is a tender, juicy, delicate Chicken Kabab made with subtly flavored chicken keema or chicken mince.
While the traditional chicken seekh kebab is made with a mix of minced chicken and a host of tantalising spices, the malai chicken seekh kebab has an added layer of creamy mixed into the kebabs that make it all the more juicy, tender and mouth-watering. Find the full step-by-step recipe of chicken malai seekh kebab here. My chicken seekh kebabs are not only juicy and delicious but so easy to make as well. You can have Chicken Seekh Kebab using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Seekh Kebab
- It’s 500 gms of boneless tender chicken.
- You need 2 of medium sized Onion chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green Chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Besan/Chick pea flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Chat masala.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh cream.
- You need 5-6 of Cashew crushed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Mustard oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Though the ingredients list is lengthy, the process is super simple. Therefore, seekh kebabs are basically, shaped and skewered mince meat. And it is the skewers that give them their signature cylindrical shapes. Wash the veggies, drain the water and start with blending the finely chopped onions, green chillies, and coriander leaves in a blender and make a thick paste.
Chicken Seekh Kebab step by step
- Take 500 g of boneless chicken and cut them in small pieces..
- Take a food processor or mincer and place chicken pieces, chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, crushed cashews, all the spices, besan, cream and salt..
- Mince all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste..
- Keep aside the paste for about half an hour so that all the flavours incorporate well to the minced meat..
- Grease your hand with little oil. Take a handful of the kebab mixture and place it on a satay stick or seek with your hand as shown in the picture. Press the mixture around the stick to shape it in the form of a log..
- Similarly make all the kebab logs and try to give some thumb impression to bring the authentic kebab shape..
- Heat a griddle/Tawa with a teaspoon of mustard oil..
- Place the satay sticks or seeks to the hot Tawa and cook in high heat at first 3-4 minutes. Rotate the sticks in between..
- Then reduce the heat so that the kebabs cook from inside also. Rotate and press the kebabs with a spatula. Bust with few drops of ghee in between..
- In the meantime heat a piece of charcoal in the open flame..
- Place an aluminium foil in the Tawa when the kebabs are almost done. Put the burning charcoal in the foil and immediately add in 1/2 teaspoon of ghee..
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon of ghee on the burning charcoal. Smoke starts to emit..
- Immediately cover the griddle/Tawa with a lid so that smoke infuse to the kebabs and the kebabs will have a wonderful smoky flavour as like restaurant kebabs..
- After a minute remove the lid and your kebabs are ready. Transfer them to a dish..
- Repeat the process and cook all the kebabs. Note that you don't overcook the kebabs. Overcooking will make them dry form inside..
- Gently slide each kebab from the stick and serve them hot with your favourite chutney or raita. They are juicy from inside full of flavours..
Fry the chicken seekh kebab in a frying pan until golden brown and cooked through. It's easy to bake these in the oven. This Chicken Seekh Kebab is delicious, moist, juicy and succulent, with the right balance of spices and flavors. It makes for a scrumptious, irresistible appetizer or is even great as a side to a meal. These chicken seekh kebabs can be cooked in an oven too.