Shaam Savera kofta. Shaam Savera is a signature creation of the world renowned Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The rich green kofta (shaam) stuffed with white paneer (savera) looks beautiful on silky smooth, aromatic orange gravy, as it creates a great visual with it's play of colors, textures, and flavors. Shaam Savera is a spinach kofta curry where kofta stuffing is made from paneer and the kofta itself is made from spinach.
I have done variations based on some of my own learnings. Shaam savera literally means evening-morning showing the contrast of colours in the koftas (dumplings). Originally the recipe is made with paneer (cottage cheese) balls coated with a layer of dark spinach to make the koftas but I made the inside of the kofta with boiled potato as I had some leftover from the morning sandwich and frankly. You can cook Shaam Savera kofta using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shaam Savera kofta
- It’s 4 Bunches of Spinach.
- You need of Paneer (Cottage Cheese) 60 Grams Grated.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of Cumin Seeds.
- You need of Cardamom powder 1/8 Tspn.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Ginger and garlic paste.
- Prepare of Gramflour(Besan) 4 Tabelspoons.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Cornflour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil 2 Cups (For Deep Frying).
- You need 1 Cup of Onion Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s of Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori methi) 1 Tablespoon.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoon of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoon of Honey.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Cream.
- You need Cloves of 2.
- You need of Cinnamon Stick 1 Inch.
- You need of Bay Leaf 1.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- It’s of Coriander Leaves 1 Tabelspoon.
- You need of Tomato Paste 2 Cups For Gravy.
Hindi: palak Treasure house of vitamins and minerals, spinach must be included in the week's menu. The usage can be varied: chopped spinach leaves cooked with potatoes is a semi-wet vegetable with rotis, a few spinach leaves thrown in with mixed vegetables and turned into a soup is lovely on a cold winter night, chopped and blanched spinach makes a different sort of raita, spinach puree can be. Kofta is a rich dumpling that is cooked in a gravy. There are many varieties of koftas, some of which are really rich and heavy, which find the pride of place in any wedding or celebration meal, especially in north India.
Shaam Savera kofta instructions
- Blanch spinach. To do so, heat water, once it comes to a boil, add cleaned spinach leaves. Boil it uncovered for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the water and transfer spinach into a bowl of ice cold water. Drain all the water after a few minutes and squeeze the spinach to remove any excess water. Roughly chop the blanched spinach..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds saute it for a minute. Add ginger-garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add gram flour. Saute it for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the blanched spinach, salt, and continue sauteing for a couple of more minutes, until the raw aroma of gram flour goes away..
- Once done, remove it on a plate and keep it aside to cool down. Once it is cools, divide into about 10 golf ball sized portions..
- Take paneer in a bowl, add salt and a pinch of cardamom powder, Mix well. Form about 10 marble sized balls..
- Take one of the spinach mixture ball, flatten it between palms, expand it from the sides using fingers, place the paneer ball in between, close the spinach mixture into a ball again, making sure none of the sides are open..
- Roll the kofta into corn starch mixture, and then dust off excess corn starch from the kofta..
- Heat oil for frying. When the oil is hot, gently put a kofta inside. fry it for a couple of minutes on all sides..
- Once the koftas are ready. Keep it aside..
- For gravy: Heat butter. Add the whole spices. Saute for a minute. Add ginger garlic paste, onion paste and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste saute for 3 minutes. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala. Stir and let it cook for another about 7 minutes on medium heat..
- Add honey, kasuri methi and mix well.Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 2 minutes..
- To assemble, cut the kofta spheres into two, using a knife. Pour a couple of ladles of gravy in a deep bottomed plate, arrange the koftas with cut side up. Garnish with heavy cream and coriander leaves and enjoy..
Fusion of Indian food with International Cuisine is what made Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi a sought after name within the Food industry. With a background of North India, Chef Harpal is a music lover and is fluent in English and five Indian regional languages – Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya and Telugu. Now that Shaam (Green Kofta's) are ready. Heat the oil for frying & now the Savera (tomato gravy) can be prepared by the side. Shaam Savera, Spinach Paneer Kofta Curry When I was checking on the web for some spinach paneer kofta recipe, I came across this dish Shaam Savera by chef Sanjeev Kapoor.