Seekh kebab. Seekh Kebabs Recipe – About Seekh Kebabs Recipe: Any party is incomplete without some delicious appetizers to kick start with and there would be no better option than some hot, grilled or roasted seekh kebabs. Kebabs made from minced mutton and chicken meat, slathered in a bowl of spices and grilled to perfection. Full of juice and flavor, these kebabs are perfect as a starter for a dinner.
When you are ready to eat just thaw to room temperature and prepare as per recipe below. Also, when I make kebabs (Indian or Greek) I often use half ground lamb, half ground beef – the flavor is really excellent, and the meat stays a little more moist than if using just lamb. I serve these on warm split naan breads or paratha with a drizzle of cucumber raita. You can have Seekh kebab using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seekh kebab
- Prepare 200 gram of minced meat.
- It’s 4-7 of Garlic grated.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger grated.
- You need 1 of small onion finely diced.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilli finely chopped.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of fresh mint.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of fresh coriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2/3 tbsp of coriander seeds crushed and roasted.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2/3 tbsp of Cumin seeds crushed and roasted.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of salt.
Seekh kebab is a type of kebab, popular in South Asia, made with spiced minced or ground meat, usually lamb, beef, or chicken, formed into cylinders on skewers and grilled. It is typically cooked on a mangal or barbecue, or in a tandoor. Description Traditionally seekh kabab is the is ground meat mixed with various spices to make it delicious and tasty then thread in a skewer (known as seekh) in Urdu and Hindi. Then you can make it on bbq, grill, oven, and pan.
Seekh kebab step by step
- Mix and blend all the ingredients in a blender for fine smooth mixture or finely cut all the ingredients and knead really well till all mixed by hand.
- Refrigerate for atleast half an hour.
- Take about a handful (55 gm) meat and shape it on a seekh then slowly take it out. Repeat to all meat.
- Add a few tbsp oil to a pan and fry all sides on medium-high for about 6-8 mins.
- You can also freeze the kebabs to use instantly next time.
- To do so just fry the kebab for about 2-3 mins and freeze.
Seekh Kebabs Recipe – About Seekh Kebab Recipe Kabab Recipes: An Indian party's snack platter is incomplete without this delicious appetizer dish of seekh kabab. Succulent kebabs made with minced lamb, marinated in variety of spices, grilled on a tandoor/oven and served with green chutney. Full of juice and flavor, these kabab recipe is perfect as a starter for any dinner party. Seekh kebab, which literally means kebab on a skewer, are traditionally made on an outdoor grill over coals that add as much color as it does flavor to the kebabs.