Liver kebab. Liver kebabs or skewers (kouah) are one of the most common street foods in Morocco. They're available in practically every weekly souk and are a staple at many grill joints, vendor stands and restaurants throughout the country. This is actually one of our favorite fast food options if we are in a hurry or if we crave a takeaway meal.
What you need to make these grilled lamb liver kebabs Made with just about any kind of meat, kebabs are classic Iranian street food. Lamb is the predominant red meat eaten in Iran, and its liver is a delicacy. Lemon, garlic and fresh basil nicely balance the liver's mineral flavor. You can have Liver kebab using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Liver kebab
- You need Half of kilo Liver.
- You need 2 of Green pepper.
- You need 1 of large Onion.
- You need 2 of Red Pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It’s 4 of Bamboo skewers.
Liver Shish Kebab is the 'only' kebab variety that people prefer to eat in the early mornings as breakfast in Adana city of Turkey. Yes, you read it right and your eyes are fine. Next, the liver should be carefully cubed, seasoned and floured, ready to saute in butter or oil. For garnish, red onions are sliced thinly and tossed with salt, chopped Italian parsley, and sumac , a tangy dark-red spice common in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
Liver kebab step by step
- Wash and cut liver in small sizes, then marinate the liver with spices and store in refrigerator for 30mins..
- Pass the bamboo skewers through the liver then onion, green pepper and pepper..
- Place on a heated grill or oven, turn from time to time until liver is done (don’t forget to brush the liver with oil).
Now add the liver and fry over a medium heat to seal. Do not overcook the liver or it will become hard and leathery. Serve with warm fresh nan and perhaps a salad. Grind coriander, cinnamon, cloves, garlic and ginger to a fine paste. Mix curds, pepper and ground spices.