Nigerian beef kebab. Surprisingly, it doesn't taste peanutty (legit word). But peanuts should get the credit for these unique and incredibly tasty kebabs. Suya can be served with jollof rice, which reminds me of our djuvec rice, or fresh chopped tomatoes and onions.
Very finely slice the beef, flatten slightly with the flat side of your knife, then place on a plate. Cover and place in the fridge until needed. In Nigeria, Suya is served as street food. where local vendors prepare it as to-go, food wrapped in newspaper. You can cook Nigerian beef kebab using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigerian beef kebab
- You need of Beef.
- It’s of Bell pepper.
- Prepare of Green pepper.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Maggi.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Beef seasoning.
- Prepare of Coriander powder.
- It’s of Black pepper powder.
- You need of Ginger powder.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Lemon powder.
- You need leaf of Bay.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Suya spice.
- You need of Cabbage.
- You need of Tomatoes.
It can safely be called Nigeria's national dish. They are shish Kebab delicacy marinated in special blend of spices, including peanut spice rub, then skewered and slow cooked over hot charcoal fire or grilled. The beef kabobs are very popular in Nigerian barbecue. Although my recipe is not completely authentic, it's inspired by Suya with some Middle Eastern influences.
Nigerian beef kebab instructions
- Wash your meat with water and strain it in a colander.
- Mix your spices and add them to the meat.
- Marinate your meat for 2 -3 hours.
- Dice your vegetables.
- Insert the meat into the skewers and put the Veges between one meat and the other.
- Grill on an electric grill or a charcoal grill and serve with cabbage and tomatoes with suya spice.
The town I grew up in had a huge Lebanese community. Tool you'll need – wooden beef skewers/sticks. Before you Make the Beef Skewers Marinate the beef. Cut the beef into small rectangular cuboids and place them in a bowl. Add the thyme, pepper and stock cubes.