Dudhi kofta curry. Bottle gourd, known as lauki (ghiya) in Hindi and Dudhi in Gujarati, is generally not a popular vegetable in every household but it makes one of the best Indian curries – Lauki Kofta Curry in which deep-fried koftas (round shaped deep fried spicy dumplings) made of grated bottle gourd, gram flour, rice flour and ginger-garlic paste are cooked in spicy gravy of tomato and cashew nuts. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home.
Lauki Kofta Curry is a simple recipe, with which cooking becomes not only less tedious but also healthier as the kofta are steamed rather than fried. Cook the gravy on a medium flame to avoid burning of spices and onions. Highly recommended for heart patients as it is low in sodium and fat apart from being high in potassium. You can have Dudhi kofta curry using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dudhi kofta curry
- Prepare 2 cups of grated dudhi.
- You need 5 tbsp of gram dal flour.
- Prepare 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder,dhaniya powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dry coconut, kasoori methi.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh cream.
- You need As required of Oil for fry.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Sumptuous Lauki Kofta to droll over, enjoy this as a meal with chapati , parantha or rice. how to make bottle gourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe. simple, healthy bottle guard recipe or lauki recipe prepared from deep fried grated bottle gourd with tomato and onion based sauce. this is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi. The Lauki/ Doodhi Kofta is a simple, healthy recipe where the koftas are not fried. Traditionally Kofta's are fried and loose it nutritive value.
Dudhi kofta curry step by step
- Peel and grate dudhi squeeze water completely and use in gravy, take a mixing bowl add flour and dry masala, salt..
- Make small sized round balls, heat oil in pan gently place the koftas in hot oil fry till golden brown..
- Now make gravy for curry in mixcy add tometoes and onions, cashew nuts, heat oil in pan fry cumin, ginger paste,then add paste keep stirring, add dry spices..
- When mixture thickened, add water lauki juice, then add koftas and bring to boil serve hot with roties..
But in this Lauki Kofta I have pan fried them in a Non-Stick Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan and simmer the kofta's in a quick and simple spiced tomato gravy. The Lauki/Doodhi kofta's are big favourite in my family, and considering they are non-fried. Lauki Ke Kofta Flavoured With Kasuri Methi is delicious kofta curry with healthy and spicy lauki dunked in a tomato anion based gravy flavoured with kasuri methi. This is a nice way to eat the bottle gourds that lay ignored in crisper for long time. The creamy base gels so well with bottle gourd disguised in the koftas to make it absolutely loveable.