Iranian Pan Fried Ground Chicken Kebab. Great recipe for Iranian Pan Fried Ground Chicken Kebab. Yesterday I made minced chicken kebabs that are One of my family's all time favourite comfort meal. I love this meal because the kebabs are deliciously tender and full of flavour.
Weekends and holidays come with families gathering together and make kebabs, usually on the grill. As many people don't have a grill at home or just don't want to use it, we also have this version of Kebab that is called Kabab Tabei which mean "pan kebab". Kabab Tabei is a quick and easy Persian kabob that needs no grill or skewers. You can have Iranian Pan Fried Ground Chicken Kebab using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Iranian Pan Fried Ground Chicken Kebab
- Prepare 500 g of chicken mince (a mixture of chicken breast and thighs).
- It’s l of medium onion, finely grated.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seed powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
These nicely spiced pan kebabs are seared to juicy perfection. An unbeatable recipe to satisfy your Persian food craving. Make these gluten free and low carb seasoned kabobs with ground beef, lamb, veal, chicken or turkey. Kebab Tabei (Persian Pan Kebab) In Iran, kebabs are served either with rice or with bread.
Iranian Pan Fried Ground Chicken Kebab step by step
- Onion gives good taste to our kebab. So, grate the onion and then transfer the grated onion into a clean kitchen towel or a muslin cloth and squeeze the moisture out. As onion juice will not let ingredients hold together. Place chicken mince, grated onion, chopped bell pepper, lemon juice, salt, pepper, turmeric and coriander seed powder in a bowl..
- Use your hand and mix ingredients together well.Now we have a well mixed chicken mixture. Cover the mixture with a plastic and Place it in the fridge overnight, or for 2-3 hours to set. Heat the oil or melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Place whole meat mixture on the middle of pan..
- Press it down with your hand or with a spatula, flatten it, to cover the bottom of pan, as you see in the photos. Place the lid on and cook until you see the meat juice come out (this step will take about 10 minutes).Use a knife or spatula and cut it into wide strips or lengthwise..
- Fry until golden brown. Then flip the chicken kebab slices over and allow to cook and fry other side too, without lid for another 10 minutes. At the same time, You can grill the tomatoes or cook them top of the stove, this is optional..
- Serve the chicken kebab with rice,tomatoes, fresh herbs and season with sumac (optional). Also with two slices of bread make a chicken kebab for yourself and enjoy it..
A dish of chelow white rice with kebab is called chelow kebab, which is considered the national dish of Iran. Kabab Koobideh Morgh is a kind of pan kebab made with a mixture of ground chicken, ground onion and saffron. Pan kebabs are very easy and quick to make since you do not need any skewering or grilling. In a large bowl mix together ground cumin and coriander seeds, chicken, onion, cilantro, garlic, chilies, turmeric, salt, and garam masala until chicken is evenly seasoned. Place chicken in a large shallow container and mix in onions, half the saffron water, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.