Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can have Malai kofta using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- Prepare 200 gms of paneer.
- You need 2 of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 1 inch of grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Gravy.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic grated.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of green cardamom.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of shahi zeera.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream.
- Prepare 10 of cashews.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta step by step
- Kofta: in a big bowl mix crumbled paneer, grated boiled potatoes, cornflour, salt, pepper, chillies and coriander…mix well till everything is combined..
- Then make small balls and deep fry on medium flame. Keep the koftas aside.
- In a kadhai.. add 1 tbsp butter and 1tbsp oil… heat. Add the whole garam.masala.Then add onions and fry till pink.. add grated ginger garlic.. saute.. then add the tomatoes, all the dry masala powder and cashews… mix well. Then add 1 cup water, cover the lid and let it cook for 10 mins…
- Stir the gravy and let it cool… grind to a fine paste and strain the gravy to obtain a smooth gravy..
- Heat the gravy in the same kadhai.. add some crushed kasuri methi and cream.. mix well. Then.
- Plating: pour some gravy on the serving dish… then place the koftas and pour some more gravy.. garnish with some chopped coriander… serve hot..
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.