Potato Russian cutlets / kebabs. Russian kabab or Russian cutlet is a kebab made with shredded chicken and vegetables like capsicum, carrot, green beans and potatoes mixed with spices, coated with roasted vermicelli and deep fried to give it a golden crispy texture. What I like about this kebab/cutlet is that you can literally add any vegetable and still it will taste delicious. Russian Cutlets Recipe – About Russian Cutlets Recipe: A delectable cutlet recipe stuffed with boneless chicken chunks along with potatoes, carrots and a host of spices, covered with the goodness of vermicelli and sesame seeds and deep fried to crispy golden.
Make small cutlets out of the mixture, round, oval or flat. Heat oil in a kadhai and when it is hot, deep fry the cutlets. Fry them until the cutlets are golden brown. You can have Potato Russian cutlets / kebabs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Russian cutlets / kebabs
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pack of vermicelli sevi.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cornflour for slurry.
- It’s of As required Oil for shallow frying.
- It’s Half of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn flour.
Aloo Kabab or Potato Cutlets is a versatile Pakistani vegetarian recipe made by frying a crispy patty of mashed potatoes and peas flavored with local herbs and spices. Corn Cutlet or corn kebab is a delicious Indian snack made by deep frying a spicy mixture of sweet corn and potatoes. Other vegetables like onions, bell peppers (capsicum), carrots, peas etc. can also be added to the cutlets to increase its nutritional value. Add salt, cheese, white pepper, black pepper, sugar, chinese salt, bread slices and green chutney.
Potato Russian cutlets / kebabs instructions
- Grap all ingredients required and set aside then boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles then let it cool down to room temperature..
- Now using a masher mash boiled & peeled potatoes, once it’s mashed well then pop in all spices, first leaving cornflour give it a mix next squeeze lime juice and mix well now add cornflour as required just a tablespoon or as per the quantity of potatoes mashed..
- Besides keep the vermicelli crushed & take a bowl & make a slurry of cornflour,water & a dash of salt..
- Now take the mashed potatoes then start making cutlets/ kebabs give it a circular shape using your palms then dip in celery first next coat in vermicelli well set aside in a plate..
- Gradually make all in the similar fashion while all the cutlets/ kebabs are ready freeze it for 60 minutes in the freezer..
- After an hour remove it & in a preheated oil pan pop the cutlets set the flame burner on medium don’t touch it for 2-3 minutes while it’s slightly golden then flip to other side do not flip again & again it will spread the vermicelli..
- Lastly while all the cutlets are fried remove it on paper towel then enjoy it with any meal menu or snack it..
- The tempting & inviting potatoes Russian cutlets/ kebabs are ready..!.
- Tip of the day: it’s a very quick recipe time taken is only to mash mix prepare & freeze. Reason for freezing is the cutlets will be settled while freezed so it’s easy to fry!.
The cutlets break when flipping or during cooking – Allow the cutlets to cook undisturbed on the pan until one side crisps up properly and forms a 'skin' from the egg mixture. Alternatively, it could be because the potato mixture has absorbed too much moisture and isn't binding well. Potato patties is a sort of classic cooking skills, which (I think), I do very, very bad. But why I never did it "on camera" is a mystery. So today I will try to correct this unfortunate misunderstanding, and to prepare potato cutlets easy russian food, considering and writing about every little thing.