White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti. The white chocolate chips definitely add a little bit of sweetness to the biscotti. My Almond-White Chocolate Lemon Biscotti combine one of my favorite flavor combinations, white chocolate and lemon with the addition of chopped almonds and a touch of almond extract. For a variation on this crisp Italian cookie recipe, substitute orange for lemon and semisweet chocolate chips for chopped white chocolate..
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. When the biscotti is cool, dip, spread, or drizzle white chocolate and allow the cookies to dry on a cookie sheet before storing in an air tight container. It's because of their shelf life that they make a wonderful food gift as well – think birthday or Christmas gifts with a batch of biscotti in a nice glass jar. You can have White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of grated lemon rind.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of lemon extracr.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 oz of bar, premium white chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of cooking spray.
Italian Biscotti is such a versatile cookie recipe. White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner. For a variation on this crisp Italian cookie recipe, substitute orange for lemon and semisweet chocolate chips for chopped white chocolate. Take time to chop a white chocolate candy bar for this recipe; white chocolate morsels contain no cocoa butter.
White Chocolate-Lemon Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place first five ingredients in large bowl, and beat with mixer until well blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Beat until well blended, stir in chocolate..
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead lightly 7 to 8 times, shape dough into two 9 inch long rolls. Places rolls on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and pat to 1 inch thickness..
- Bake at 300° for 35 minutes, remove rolls from baking sheet and cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack..
- Cut each roll diagonally into twelve 1/2 inch slices, place cut side down on baking sheet and bake at 300° for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake again for 10 more minutes. (Yields about 2 dozen).
Here is one I made during the holidays but it is perfect year round – White Chocolate Lemon Biscotti. Biscotti is the perfect side to a cup of coffee. These also make a pretty gift to bring to a friend. Angela, the front counter person, is the nicest friendliest person I have ever meet. She lets everyone sample any of the many varieties of biscotti and even some focaccia.