Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes. You can have Malai kofta using 21 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- You need 3 of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cottage cheese (paneer).
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- You need as required of Little Coriander.
- Prepare as required of Little garam masala.
- It’s as required of Little jeera powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maida.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of chopped garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- You need as required of Little turmeric.
- You need As per taste of Little red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s as required of Crushed kasuri methi.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. It goes very well with naan (tandoor-baked flatbread) or Jeera rice.
Malai kofta step by step
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- In a bowl, add these potatoes, grated paneer.
- Add finely chopped green chilli.
- Add Coriander, garam masala and jeera powder mix well.
- Add maida and salt in it mix well.
- Make balls and deep fry it…
- For gravy: In a pan, add oil.
- Add chopped onion.
- When onion becomes pink add garlic and tomatoes when it becomes mushy and soft turn off the flame.
- Let it get cool.
- Than add this mixture in a mixer grinder and make smooth paste.
- In a pan, add butter and oil.
- Add jeera, cloves and bay leaf saute it on low flame.
- Add turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, jeera powder and the smooth paste.
- Cover it with lid and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Add cream.. mix well.
- Add water mix well.
- Add kasuri methi to it.
- And garnish it with cream.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.