Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry). Certainly the Scotch egg is uncannily similar to nargisi kofta – said to be named after narcissus, a winter flower grown in India (the egg yolk and white if cut into quarters resembles the flower). Nargisi Kofta – Pakistani Chicken Scotch Egg Curry In this recipe, I'm taking the traditional Chicken Kofta curry and making it just that extra bit fancier, by adding an egg. Not boiled to serve on the side, but I'm putting the egg inside the kofta.
Serve in a bowl with rice, the curry sauce and a kofta cut in half on the top. Remove the top layer of cling film and place a hardboiled egg in the middle. Get every recipe from The Curry Guy by Dan Toombs One of my favorite fusion dish, this Chicken Scotch Eggs Curry is so delicious, can be accompanied with rice, bread or a homemade Mauritian Roti. You can have Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry) using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry)
- Prepare of 🌻For the Koftas: 8 large eggs.
- It’s 1 pound of ground lamb mince / beef mince.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion (chopped very fine).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of garlic chopped very fine.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 6-8 cups of vegetable.
- Prepare of cooking oil for deep frying.
- It’s of 🌻 For the Gravy : 3 Tbsp vegetable cooking oil 2.
- Prepare of medium onions (chopped fine).
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic & ginger paste.
- Prepare 3 of medium tomatoes (ground to a smooth paste in a food processor; do not add water while grinding).
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 8 Tbsp of fresh yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Garnish: fresh coriander leaves (chopped).
Also called Nargisi Kofta, Aka Mulgi, Rosse. Remove the top layer of cling film and place a hardboiled egg on top. Using the bottom sheet of cling film, bring the meat up and form in around the egg. Dust the nargisi kofta in the gram flour and then coat it in the whisked egg, followed by the toasted bread.
Scotch egg curry : (Nargisi Kofta Curry) step by step
- 🌻Make the Koftas Cook 6 eggs until hardboiled, about 10 minutes. Immerse immediately in cold water and then peel. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, put the ground lamb, onion, garlic, turmeric, red chili, garam masala, 1 egg, and salt to taste. Mix well to form a smooth paste. Divide into 6 equal portions..
- Take one hardboiled egg and a portion of the lamb mix and wrap the lamb mix around the egg, smoothing with your hands to form an even "casing" around the egg until it is fully covered. Repeat with all the remaining hardboiled eggs, placing all on a plate..
- Sprinkle all of the coated eggs with a fine dusting of rice flour. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep pan. Whisk the last remaining egg in a bowl and dip each egg, gently shaking off excess. Place in hot oil and deep-fry until golden brown. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Fry onion for 2 to 3 minutes and add the tomato paste and all the spices including the garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well. Fry until the oil begins to separate from the masala..
- Add the yogurt and 1/2 cup water to the masala. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the prepared koftas to the gravy and fold in very, very gently to coat on all sides. Cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat. Slice the eggs in half horizontally. Garnish the dish with chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or chapatis..
This hearty and crispy dish can be served either as an appetizer or entree. For a first course, place one kofta with a bit of gravy on individual plates and accompany with Indian round flatbread known as roti or chapati. Alternatively, you can serve the entire dish—either out of the pan or on a serving platter—alongside basmati rice for sopping up the sauce. Nargisi Kofta is a yummy meat kofta recipe similar to mutton kofta but it takes in egg as a stuffing. Other mutton recipes or egg recipes on the blog are mutton kofta, haleem recipe, hyderabadi mutton biryani, mutton gravy , mutton biryani, mutton curry, mutton kulambu, rogan josh, mutton korma, keema recipe etc… Nargisi Kofta is a wonderful mutton keema recipe with egg stuffing and deep.