Paneer Kofta. You may or may not need water. If the mixture looks dry then add otherwise skip. Paneer Kofta Recipe – About Paneer Kofta Recipe: A north Indian delicacy, this paneer recipe is not just any regular version of Paneer Kofta, but is stuffed with aromatic goodness of raisins and khoya along with various spices, deep fried and simmering hot in a creamy gravy.
Whether you are looking for paneer kofta recipe to serve it as a snack or as a curry with gravy for sumptuous meal, this easy recipe will satisfy your needs and excite your palate. the kofta's are basically a small round shaped balls stuffed with either meat or choice of veggies. typically kofta or kofte's are prepared with grounded minced meat which is later fried till crisp. however in india the kofta's are generally vegetarian and are prepared with vegetables or paneer. you can easily find paneer kofta, aloo kofta, lauki kofta, banana kofta and even mixed. Paneer Kofta is a widely popular gluten-free Indian main-course dish. The vegetarian meatballs are prepared with potato and grated cottage cheese. You can have Paneer Kofta using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paneer Kofta
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas Cooked.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of paneer Shredded.
- Prepare 2 cups of potato Mashed.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro Chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion Chopped.
- You need of Salt -as per taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 cup of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tomato puree.
- You need 1 of onion Chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 of Cardamom.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cashew almond and powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of tsps Chilly powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro Chopped.
- It’s of Oil-for deep frying.
Whereas, the gravy has a base of onion, tomato and cashew paste. Many malai kofta recipes suggest adding all-purpose flour as a binder in the kofta mixture. The Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious preparation paneer (homemade cottage cheese) that is simmered in a spiced tomato gravy. Kofta's are traditionally deep fried vegetable or cheese balls that are dipped in a spicy curry.
Paneer Kofta instructions
- For making the kofta balls…mix all the ingredients given to make a soft dough including bread crumbs. Make small balls out of the dough..
- You can either skip bread crumbs in the dough and coat the kofta balls with beaten egg whites and roll over bread crumbs and deep fry them..
- Now for the gravy, in a pan heat some oil and pop some cumin,cardamom,cinnamon stick and clove..
- Saute the onion with ginger garlic paste,salt and turmeric..
- Once its done, add the puree of crushed tomato and mix well till oil separates..
- When the onion and tomato is cooked,add the spice powders and cilantro and stir..
- Now cool this mixture for few minutes and along with cashew almond powder grind this mixture to fine paste..
- Pour the masala paste into the pan with some heated oil and stir well till the gravy is cooked..
- Add heavy cream to this gravy and let is simmer for about 2 minutes and your done!.
- Place the kofta balls in the gravy and serve hot with Naan, Paratha and even rice..
This recipe of kofta is healthy as the kofta's are not deep fried but instead made in a kuzhi paniyaram pan. Paneer Kofta recipe, unjabi Paneer Kofta Curry with detailed step by step photos and videos. Crisp outside and soft inside, these Paneer Koftas have the distinct flavour which impart a richness that perfectly matches the gravy that dresses these koftas. Paneer Kofta is a North Indian recipe, which is prepared with spices, paneer, yoghurt, almonds, corn flour and fresh cream. This delicious kofta recipe is a mouth-watering dish that you can prepare for your friends and family on special occasions and festivals.