Hara Bhara Kebab Burger / Hara Bhara Kebab. True to its name, "Hara Bhara" which means "loaded with greens" the Kabab is made with spinach puree, cooked and mashed green peas and potato among other things. Salt to taste. ½ tsp black pepper powder. ½ tsp. Hara bhara kabab recipe with step by step photos and video.
Hara Bhara Kebab can be had as is or used as a patty for burgers or sandwiches. These delicious kebabs make a great starter for a party or any event. Do make these hara bhara kebab and let me know how they turned out. You can cook Hara Bhara Kebab Burger / Hara Bhara Kebab using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hara Bhara Kebab Burger / Hara Bhara Kebab
- It’s 250 gms of palak.
- Prepare 1/2 bowl of chana dal.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of peas.
- It’s as required of Ghee.
- It’s 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1-2 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 1 of black Cardamom.
- It’s 1 tsp of jeera (cumin seeds).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of dhaniya powder.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies.
- You need as required of few coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1/2 of cucumber.
- It’s 1 of boiled potato.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of besan.
- It’s pinch of hing.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of amchur.
- Prepare For of Kebab masala:.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chaat masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of roasted sauf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of roasted shahi jira/jira.
- You need pinch of hing.
- Prepare 2-3 of cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of star anise (chakri phool).
- Prepare 1 of small cardamom.
Without further ado, let's make these delicious hara bhara kebab. Hara bhara kebab is a great snack for any party, goes well with chai. It can also be used as patties in sandwiches or burgers. These kebabs are vegan, full of greens and easy to make.
Hara Bhara Kebab Burger / Hara Bhara Kebab step by step
- Soak chana dal overnight. next day boil chana dal with salt, garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies, black and green cardamom, bay leaves, Jira. Boil dal only 80%. sieve dal and let it cool. do not throw water..
- Blanch spinach with some salt.(boil palak with salt and immediately add palak in ice water to retain it's green colour). strain blanched palak. Boil peas with some salt. strain peas and let it cool. blend spinach, peas and coriander leaves together to make a smooth paste. do not add water..
- Now make a smooth paste of strained chana dal. add 1 tbsp ghee while blending. blend dal with 3-4 spoons of boiled dal water. Try to make it smooth paste with very less water. Sieve the dal paste properly like we sieve the contents of tomato soup..
- Now take a pan. add 1 tbsp ghee. add dal paste and spinach paste. mix both pastes together and cook it on low heat to remove the extra water from it. mix it for 1-2 min. add salt, dhaniya powder, amchur, garam masala, pinch of hing.now add 1-2 tbsp besan to bind the paste. cook it for another minute. add some. more ghee if required. the structure should be semi dough like. now let it cool.in the freezer for around 1 hour. ghee will help in the binding paste as it cools..
- After an hour take out paste from the freezer. let it settle outside for 5-10 mins. add besan if required. now rub oil on ur palms. take a small portion of dough and make it into a ball. flatten it little bit. Do not flatten it as tikki.please see below image for reference. Roll the kebab pattie at it's edges to flatten the edges..
- Take a pan. add 2-3 tbsp ghee for shallow frying. put the patties on the pan. cook.it on low heat. one side will get cooked in about 3-4 mins. As these kebabs are very soft, so flip them. Very carefully with the help of spatula and spoon. cook for another 2-3 min on the other side. do not try to flatten the kebab or else they will break. add ghee if required as it will. Soak the ghee..
- Kebabs are ready and can be served with mint coriander chutney. Sprinkle some kebab masala in it. for Kebab Masala, roast all ingredients together except chaat masala and nutmeg. grind them to make powder. add chaat masala and grated nutmeg in it. mow Sprinkle this masala on kebabs. this is universal masala for any kind of kebab..
- For Kebab Burger – cut onion, cucumber and boiled potato in round slices. take a pan and add some.ghee. add onion rings on it to caramelize it. Take one kebab..place cucumber slice, onion ring and boiled potato slice. sprinkle kebab masala and add some mint chutney. Now place another kebab on top of it and insert a toothpick in between..
- Bon Appetit!!!.
They are not only delicious but nutritious as well. Wash spinach leaves and place them in a pan on medium heat. Hara bhara kabab are vegetarian kababs made with spinach, potatoes and green peas. Kabab is a piece of meat or vegetable most commonly char grilled. Rajma kabab, soya kababs, corn kabab & hara bhara kabab are some of the vegetarian kabab that make a perfect snack.