Shami kebab. Shami kabab or shaami kabab (Urdu: شامی کباب , Hindi: शामी कबाब, Bengali: শামী কাবাব) literally meaning "Syrian Kebab" is a local variety of kebab, originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is part of the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent and a popular dish in modern-day Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Shami kebab is a popular local variety of kebab from the Indian subcontinent.
Shami kebabs were apparently invented by a highly skilled chef for a toothless Nawab of Lucknow. The Nawab was so fat from overindulgence that he couldn't get on a horse, and his teeth were all. Shami Kabab, also called and written Shami Kebab is a very famous variation of Kababs in the sub continent. You can cook Shami kebab using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shami kebab
- You need of Pre prep (step alpha).
- Prepare 2 cup of chana dal.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 500 gm of chicken boneless.
- You need 2 of chopped onions.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of Kebab paste.
- Prepare 2 of finely chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of mint leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s 4 of finely chopped green chillies.
- You need as needed of oil.
Although, origin of Shami Kababs is Afghanistan, it has been adopted as a regular food in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Kababs are cooked with slight difference in different Asian Cuisines in terms of spices, ingredients and cooking style. Shami kebabs are succulent minced chicken/lamb with chana dal with spicy masala filling inside and crispy fried on the outside. Perfect for a dinner party during winters, it can be served with.
Shami kebab step by step
- 6 hours before cooking soak the dal in water.
- Put all the prep items in a pressure cooker and add water till the mix is immersed.
- Cook the mix in the cooker until 3 whistles. Open the cooker and boil away the water. Strain the excess liquid out. Remove the masala..
- Add the ingredients of the paste and that of the above (dal and chicken mix).
- Mix it well into a paste. Add water if too thick.
- Make patties of the said as per requirement.
- Add oil to a flat frying pan such that the kebabs are shallow fried. Fry the kebabs till crisp. And serve with diced onion and chutney.
How to make Shami Kabab METHOD: First grind black pepper corns, cinnamon sticks, black cardamoms & cloves (sabat garam masala) in a grinder. every thing together just open up the black cardamoms and leave their cover with them. Shami kebabs are succulent minced lamb patties with some Bengal gram and loads of fragrant masalas filled inside and are deep fried till crisp and golden. An integral appetizer of every dinner. Shami kebab are tender patties made with beef and chana dal (yellow split peas), and then dipped in eggs and pan-fried. These kebabs are kid-friendly, naturally gluten-free, and so wholesome!