Kofta (Meat balls) Recipe. This recipe varies from a traditional Turkish kofta kebab as the Turkish variety usually includes breadcrumbs, egg or milk soaked bread. Important Kofta Kebab Recipe Notes: Do not skip the mint or the seasonings, they're meant to work together to make a very unique flavor you're familiar with if you've ordered this in restaurants. Turn the heat down slightly if you notice that the koftas are getting too dark before being cooked through.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Add the ground lamb and the egg, and process until blended. You can cook Kofta (Meat balls) Recipe using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kofta (Meat balls) Recipe
- You need 1 kg of Mutton Mince.
- It’s 2 of Onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of koft masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt according.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare of Ingredients for curry.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- You need 4 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need as needed of Salt.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- It’s of Ginger slices (cut in thin shapes).
- It’s of Green chillies.
Be careful as you turn the meatballs, as they can be quite delicate. If it's easier, you can flatten them into mini patty shapes. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a clean plate, add more oil to the skillet, and cook the second batch in the same manner. Now add cumin powder,turmeric,red chili powder,salt and coriander powder,mix it.
Kofta (Meat balls) Recipe instructions
- In a bowl take Mutton Mince. Add chopped onion, green chillies, fresh coriander leaves, salt and all spices. Knead it well for 7 minutes and rest it for 30 minutes..
- In a pan take oil heat up. Add ginger garlic paste. When smell started add garam masala, chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli flakes and mix it..
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or tomatoes become soft. Add 1 cup water cover and cook for 3 minutes..
- Meanwhile made balls from from mince and keep all ready..
- Now one by one put the bals in pan. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the cover and turn the balls and again cover for 10 minutes..
- Now remove the cover. Slow the flame. add green chillies and ginger thin slice and cook till water dried..
- Delicious 😋 kofta are ready now. dish out, Garnish with ginger thin slices and green chillies and serve with roti..
Add yogurt and give it a good mix. Add the kofta to the skillet, and turn the heat to low. Heat a grill pan lightly coated with vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Do not overcrowd the pan, or the grill pan will cool down, the meatballs won't brown properly, and they will stick and break. There are many different types of kofta recipes across various cuisines, such as mutton kofta with meat, egg, and channa powder, mushroom kofta including spinach, paneer, and mushrooms, and Turkish kofta with minced lamb, eggplant, zucchini, and basil.