Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Biscotti. Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Biscotti Here is my Japanese biscotti! Have a tea break with these! In the cookbook's original recipe these green tea biscotti have toasted almonds in the batter and are drizzled with a white chocolate glaze after baking.
Matcha is a powdered form of green tea and the obvious place to start and since we are talking brownies here, chocolate came to mind and white chocolate and matcha is a fabulous flavour combo so I decided to add melted white chocolate to the batter. Matcha biscotti are one of the best ways to enjoy matcha for breakfast. Especially if you're one who doesn't like things overly sweet first thing in the morning. You can cook Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Biscotti using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Biscotti
- It’s 120 g of cake flour.
- It’s 45 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 tsp milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of MATCHA Green Tea powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mixed nuts.
- You need 60 g of White Chocolate.
Plus, because the biscotti is bite size and portable, they're perfect for on the go and they of course are filled with a delicate matcha tea flavor which any matcha fan can appreciate. Dip the cooled biscotti into melted white chocolate or drizzle white/dark chocolate over each piece. Matcha is a powder created by grinding whole green tea leaves. The higher quality grades are made from the fine, new leaves from the very top of the Camellia sinensis tea bush.
Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Biscotti instructions
- Chop the white chocolate. Preheat oven to 180C (360F)..
- In a bowl, sift together flour, green tea and baking powder..
- Add sugar and milk and beaten egg, then combine with spatula. (If the dough is too dry, you could add a little milk)..
- Add mixed nuts using your hands..
- Shape into a long roll on a cookie sheet. Flatten to about one inch thickness..
- Bake dough in the oven at 360F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool..
- Cut into diagonal slices. Place the cut sides down. Bake it in the oven at 320F for about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool..
- Melt white Chocolate in a double boiler over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip biscotti half-way into the melted chocolate. Place biscotti on a parchment paper. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm..
Sweet matcha, Japanese green tea that has been ground into a fine powder and combined with sugar, sets these biscotti-like cookies apart. Whisk to combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, matcha, and vanilla until smooth. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, and spray well with. The Matcha chips are made by combining Matcha powder with white chocolate, so the balance of sweet and bitter is just right.