Oats and Peas Kebabs. These kebabs have added vegetables and herbs along with spices which infuse life into these bean patties at the same time balancing the carb load. For more info regarding benefits of the main ingredients please read the foot notes. Blitz all the ingredients, except the chicken, the oats and the breadcrumbs, in a food processor until they look like a salsa.
Then add the oats and the breadcrumbs. Note: If the oats are omitted, the kebab turns out slightly more fragile and might appear to absorb more oil too. It in fact turns out more melt in the mouth consistency. You can cook Oats and Peas Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oats and Peas Kebabs
- You need 1 bowl of oats.
- You need 1/2 bowl of peas.
- You need 4 of boiled potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 of Green chilli.
- It’s 1inch of ginger.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of wash and Chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chaat masala.
- You need As needed of Cooking Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of for serving.
- You need as needed of tomato sauce.
- Prepare handful of onion rings.
- It’s 3-4 of green chilli.
You can try out a single kebab at first, if you like the end result, carry on with the same. See great recipes for Exotic Beetroot Kebabs with Cashew Pesto too! To make this oats recipe, wash and peel the carrot and potato, then roughly chop them. Wash the green beans along with spring onions and chop them too.
Oats and Peas Kebabs instructions
- Dry roast oats on a non-stick griddle. When cool grind in a mixer to a fine powder..
- Grind peas, ginger, green chilli and coriander leaves coarsely..
- Peel boiled potatoes. Mash it in a mixing bowl. Add powdered oats and coarsely grinded peas mixture. Add corn flour, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala and chaat masala and mix well. Knead like a dough..
- Now take a portion of dough and roll with the help of your palms like a ball and then press it like a kebab. Like wise make all the kebabs..
- Heat oil in a wok. Add kebabs and deep fry till golden brown. Flip the side and fry from other side also. Likewise make all the kebabs..
- Serve hot with sauce and onion rings..
Also wash the peas and keep them aside. Soaking will help you cook the dal easily. Delicious peas covered with crispy oats layer is not just ideal for evening snacks but it also makes a good kebab breakfast recipe and a wonderful tiffin idea for kids. I served these patties with tangy apple sauce. Lentils have been a staple in the human diet since ancient times.