AMIEs Flourless CHOCOLATE Cake. This flourless cake, featuring both chocolate and cocoa, is rich, rich, RICH! A chocolate ganache glaze takes it over the top. And, since it contains neither flour nor leavening, it's perfect for Passover.
Definitely going in the mainstay – tried and true – file of my recipe book. I'm a personal chef/caterer and last night I catered for a group of very well known classical musicians – beef tenderloin, fresh herb roasted vegetables and new potatoes, field green salad, vermouth roasted shad, prosciutto pesto palmiers, macaroons, and this flourless chocolate cake. This was the best flourless chocolate cake! You can cook AMIEs Flourless CHOCOLATE Cake using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Flourless CHOCOLATE Cake
- Prepare 150 grams of dark chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 125 grams of butter.
- You need 150 grams of sugar.
- You need 50 grams of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of icing sugar, for dusting.
- It’s 8 of strawberries.
I'm so happy you like it, Kat. It is by far the best dessert I have ever made. Rest a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water on a medium-low heat. This luscious flourless chocolate cake definitely fills the bill.
AMIEs Flourless CHOCOLATE Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF). Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper..
- Combine chocolate and butter into a bowl and cook over double boiler until smooth and thick. Cool and set aside..
- Combine eggs and sugar gradually, creaming well. Blend cocoa powder and vanilla, stirring well. Slowly mix into creamed chocolate mixture until batter is smooth and well blended..
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool..
- To serve, we can cut into wedges and dust with icing sugar. We can decorate each slice with strawberry on top..
Best of all, it's easy to make: The eggs don't need separating or whipping, and the recipe is easy to mix by hand, without special equipment. Because cocoa powder stands in for matzo cake meal, the cake is naturally gluten-free—and intensely chocolatey (but not too sweet). As if this decadent dark chocolate cake's flavor wasn't glorious enough on its own, the cake is also gluten-free. Unsweetened cocoa powder plus melted bittersweet chocolate contribute to the intense chocolate flavor. The texture of the cake is dense and luscious, like classic chocolate cake.