Chocolate Chip Biscotti. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
They are crunchy and oh so delicious. I really enjoy Chocolate Chip Biscotti with my morning coffee and the boys. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl between additions. You can have Chocolate Chip Biscotti using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 12 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- It’s 1/8 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Everyone loves Biscotti, Cantucci, Cantuccini, and Tozzetti all known as these twice baked cookies. Although the correct term is probably Cantucci. These deliciously crunchy cookies from Toscana are one of the most loved sweets all over and not just in Italy. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Chocolate Chip Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light and creamy..
- Add oil, baking powder and vanilla sugar..
- Change to the dough hook. Add flour 1 cup at a time and mix on low speed..
- Add chocolate chips and mix..
- Using wet hands form the dough into three long wide strips..
- Place strips lengthwise on greased cookie sheet..
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle ontop..
- Bake 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- Slice when warm. The cookies will harden shortly after..
This chocolate chip biscotti recipe is courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council. Drizzle chocolate over one side of each biscotti. My mom makes biscotti for me every Christmas. When I ran out I thought I should try making some myself. I did a search for chocolate biscotti in allrecipes and this one appealed to me the most.