Masoor Dal Kebabs. Masoor Dal Kebabs Recipe, you can always try experimenting with your ingredients to create a delicious and yet a healthy recipe. Masoor dal kebabs is made by using potato as a binder and is mixed along with basic Indian spices. These are the best for any party appetizer or just can be simply made for your everyday lunch.
Masoor dal is brown from outside and the grain is red from inside. There are a variety of masoor dal, like green masoor also called as Le lentile vert, black golden, whole grain and split red masoor etc. The word kebab has come from Mughal period in India. You can have Masoor Dal Kebabs using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal Kebabs
- You need 200 gms of whole masoor dal (brown lentil).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green chilies chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of amchoor powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of mint chutney.
- It’s 1 cube of veg super seasoning (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil to fry the dal.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Here is the recipe for Sheekh kebabs made with masoor (whole red lentils) and oats. It is super healthy and is both vegan and gluten-free. Masoor Dal (whole red lentil)is a very important part of the vegetarian diet in Indian Cuisine. Masoor Dal contains a high level of protein.
Masoor Dal Kebabs instructions
- Soak the dal overnight. Grind the soaked dal finely..
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or karahi (ideally a non-stick one). Add in the dal and cook for a little while until dry..
- Remove from fire and add in the mint chutney..
- Shape the mixture into kebabs and deep fry until done..
- Serve hot with pudina chutney and onion rings..
Masoor Dal Seekh Kebabs #dals Succulent, melt in the mouth kebabs made with whole red lentils These kebabs are so yummy they can actually give a tough competition to mutton kebabs. These beauties are very similar to mutton seekh kebab in their taste as well as look and feel. Delicately flavored with cloves and cardamoms they just smell divine. Masoor Dal Kebabs – Red Lentil Kebabs. We've used carrot and cabbage but other ingredients can be used such as sweet potatoes.