Shammi Kebab. Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe – About Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe: When it comes to starters, Chicken Shami Kebab is one of the best non-vegetarian snacks to be served. You will not only love eating it, but also enjoy cooking this quick snack. Shami kebabs are succulent minced chicken/lamb with chana dal with spicy masala filling inside and crispy fried on the outside.
Shami kabab or shaami kabab (Urdu: شامی کباب , Hindi: शामी कबाब, Bengali: শামী কাবাব) literally meaning "Syrian Kebab" is a local variety of kebab, originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is part of the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent and a popular dish in modern-day Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Shami Kabab, also called and written Shami Kebab is a very famous variation of Kababs in the sub continent. You can cook Shammi Kebab using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shammi Kebab
- Prepare 1 cup of Channa Dal.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 4 of round Red chilli.
- You need 1/2 of Kilo boneless chicken.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s Pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cornflour.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Bread crumbs.
Although, origin of Shami Kababs is Afghanistan, it has been adopted as a regular food in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Kababs are cooked with slight difference in different Asian Cuisines in terms of spices, ingredients and cooking style. Shami kebab is a popular local variety of kebab from the Indian subcontinent. It is part of the Pakistani, Punjabi, Indian, and Bangladeshi cuisines.
Shammi Kebab step by step
- In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients except bread crumbs and corn flour and pressure cook till it’s all soft. Add just 1/4 cup water very little..
- Once all cooked make sure to dry the water completely from the chicken and mash it well..
- Let it cook down completely and crush it in blender or mixer. Add salt according. Remove to pan make sure it’s dry no water then add corn flour and bread crumbs and mix well.Add little coriander and mint leaves (just few).
- Keep it in fridge to set for while then make the shape and pan fry till cooked both side.Serve hot with squeeze of lime..
Serve with sweet chile sauce or plum chutney. Shami Kebab Recipe – About Shami Kebab Recipe Kebab Recipe: Kebabs are known to be a famous in the Indian and surrounding regions like Pakistan and Bangladesh. Shami kebabs are succulent minced lamb patties with some Bengal gram and loads of fragrant masalas filled inside and are deep fried till crisp and golden. An integral appetizer of every dinner party menu, it is a feast to relish on.